Thursday, September 1, 2011

It's official

It's official!! I've incorporated medical school into my dreams!  The other night I dreamt about lipids traveling in my blood stream... I dreamt I could feel them coursing through my veins after I had eaten a blueberry muffin from Costco.  It was very dramatic.  But I guess that means that I am officially in medical school.  Well that, and the fact that I have a student ID AND a white coat that say I belong here!! I am finally growing accustomed to life here I suppose. 
On another note, I officially passed my first "mid block".  Let me tell you that studying for exams...oh, and taking exams is stressful!  This is nothing like a regular college course where you have a whole semester to learn a few topics...oh no.  This is now undergrad on steroids mixed with PCP and crack!  It seems like whole semesters are crammed into a few hours of lecture.  I am surviving, however, and in addition to surviving, I'm actually learning stuff about medical things!  Professionalism blablabla.  In addition to all the medical mumbo jumbo that I've learned so far...I've also realized some things that I probably shouldn't do.  As I was taking my mid block exam and deciding whether a direct inguinal hernia would be seen at the superficial inguinal ring or the deep inguinal ring, I found myself chuckling.  "Eric, what is so funny?"  I said to myself (yes, I talk to myself sometimes). Then out of nowhere from the voice in my head explodes  "Encarnaaaaaacioooon, En- car- na -ha - ha - ha - ho - ho - cion!"  I let out one of those nasal laughs, but I made sure to cut it extremely short (so as to not disturb my fellow test taking amigos).  I was actually singing that song in my head while I was taking a test!!  I couldn't believe it.  You see, I had grown tired of studying the night before, and Nacho Libre happened to be on TV.  I promise I only watched for a little while, but at that moment I learned that I should not be watching Nacho Libre the night before a test, and I quickly diverted my thoughts to more pertinent matters, such as gluconeogenesis pathways....some people's kids...I tell ya. 
 

3 comments:

  1. This is funny. You are funny. I totally can picture you busting out into song in your head and then laughing at yourself. Im so glad you blog. This is great. Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As my fellow sister has said you are funny! I love it I love it I love it!! and I think Nacho is a good movie for you to watch because it requires absolutely no thinking at all. Your brain needs a break! Just maybe choose a less musical one next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. tienes la cabeza muy Grande! Tkm!

    ReplyDelete